Kewaskum Cares About Kids (KCK) is a partnership between the Council of AODA and the Kewaskum Community. The mission of KCK is to support initiatives designed to involve, educate and motivate youth, parents and the community to promote healthy youth development.
6 Main Goals of KCK
1. Provide social opportunities for youth.
2. Provide volunteer opportunities for youth.
3. Obtain media coverage of youth doing positive things.
4. Develop parental support/networks.
5. Educate the community regarding issues facing area youth.
6. Support school and community initiatives that attempt to positively influence teen behavior.
How do we do this?
KcK has hosted teen nights, workshops for paretns, 5th quarters for parents and teens, summer job projects, the Parent Pledge directory and more!
If I want to help, what would be expected of me?
All KcK members are caring individuals who want to help youth in our community. There are no special skills that you need to volunteer with Kewaskum Cares About Kids. Members sign up to help with various projects as their time and talents allow. There are no membership fees or attendance mandates.
When are Meeetings?
Kewaskum Cares about Kids meeting will be held at the Coffee Corner in Kewaskum on the first Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. Parents and members of the community are encouraged and welcome to attend. Additional meetings are scheduled, as needed, for special projects.