Danny, Champion of the World, by Roald Dahl
Below, please write and discuss any ideas or thoughts you have about the book Charlie & the Great Glass Elevator, by Roald Dahl. Please read the comments of your classmates - feel free to respond to their ideas!
Ideas to get you started:
On this blog, you can...
1) write poems
2) write letters
3) write about your thoughts on the book
4) write about your feelings about the book
5) rewrite a part of the story from the point-of-view of a different character
6) choose a quote from the book and tell why it stood out to you
7) predict what will happen in the book... on the next page, in the next chapter, or in a sequel
8) write about the dedication page in your book - what new information does it give us about Roald Dahl?
9) write a letter to Roald Dahl
10) write a letter to the class pretending you are one of the characters in your book
11) list as many describing words and phrases about a character as you can
12) make a timeline of events in the book
13) write a letter from a character in your book, asking for advice on a problem he or she is having - then, your classmates can respond and try to help your character out!
14) make a list of questions you have about the book
15) draw a picture in Paint or Pixie of what you visualize happening the book, then post it to the blog
But most of all... ENJOY!!!