With our students and staff at the center of our decisions, the administration team is working on creating a plan for a successful transition. We realize that this change will impact many families, students, and staff members at all three elementary schools, and it will impact them in different ways. We are committed to providing clear and concise communication throughout the transition and to making this process positive and smooth.
FAQs and Rumors
Thank you to everyone who attended one of the listening sessions, or who submitted feedback via the Google form. The input received has been compiled into the following documents:
At the May Board meeting, the Board of Education passed a resolution to approve and authorize the sale of the i4Learning Property to Preferred Electric, for the sale price of $311,000.00, and upon such other terms and conditions as set forth in the Offer to Purchase. The Business Office is working with the purchaser on finalizing details around the timing of the sale.
The student assignment process was also shared during the meeting. The criteria used to assign students to their elementary schools as well as communication to families about the process were described. A copy of the presentation can be viewed by following this link.
The District and elementary PTOs have planned some fun transition activities for students and families this spring and summer.
Hosted at KES:
- First-fourth grade students from i4L came to KES on May 13 from 9:30-11:00 for a tour of the building and to get acquainted with their new playground.
- Mrs. Hyde will meet students at i4L to hand out KES t-shirts on May 31st
- July 24th, 3:00-4:30 - Family Playdate, Root Beer Floats and Yard Games, KES Playground
Hosted at FES:
- June 15th, 6:00-7:30 - Family Playdate: Kickball and Popsicles
- July 15th, 9:30-11 - Family Playdate: Soccer and Popsicles
- August 15th, 3:30-5 - Family Playdate, Root Beer Floats, and Walk-the-Halls